Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Infinite Crisis #1 Slumber Party Harley Quinn Variant Cover Step by Step PART THREE Color

      Here's a look behind how the SLUMBER PARTY HARLEY QUINN variant cover of INFINITE CRISIS #1 was created (out NOW from DC Comics).

                                                  And now finally, how I colored this


The first stage of coloring is to have the art "flatted".

Flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

At this stage I go and adjust the colors to their medium value or imprimatura - I use this as the starting point.

Knew exactly how I was going to color this so quick stage for me...


My initial rough in of the colors, done in Photoshop CS3 and Wacom Cintiq 13HD. I add darker values first and then the lighter values.


Already happy with how this is going I move right into altering the lineart to color.


Initial coloring pass.


Screenshot detail


Finalized version


Printed version




You can find this comic at your local comic book retailer


And digitally at 




TD

No comments:

Post a Comment