Sunday, August 10, 2014

Infinite Crisis #1 Slumber Party Harley Quinn Variant Cover Step by Step PART ONE Pencils


Here's a look behind how the SLUMBER PARTY HARLEY QUINN variant cover of INFINITE CRISIS #1 was created (out NOW from DC Comics).


Slumber Party Harley FYI


First step is to do sketches for approval by DC Comics for the cover. Pretty open for this cover  as it has literally NOTHING to do with the interior - enough freedom to cause problems - however, being Harley I had a number of ideas for it!


The sketches are drawn at 2x3 inches in my sketchbook in pencil and pen and then cleaned up and colored in Photoshop.


I send these in to my Editor Jim Chadwick for approval. 

B was chosen.


My initial rough in of the pencils, drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12 x 18 Bristol Board.


Pretty simple cover and I was happy with the concept so I just plugged away from the character back…


Almost finished pencils...


I tweaked Harley's smile a bit more and voila!


Detail.

Next time, Rachel's inks!

PART TWO

Colors

PART THREE


You can find this comic at your local comic book retailer


And digitally at 


TD


2 comments: