Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Avenging Spider-Man #9 Cover Art Step by Step

 Here is my process for creating the cover to Avenging Spider-Man #9 (July 2012) featuring Captain Marvel and Spider-Man. 
Didn't have much to go off, so this is what I did!


Here's the  1" x 2" roughs drawn in my sketchbook and then
 adjusted and colored in Photoshop that I sent in to Marvel for approval.


Pencil stage drawn on 13 x 19 inch 2 Ply Bristol Board with HB and Light Blue lead.


Finished pencils.


Rachel inks over my pencils using a Winsor Newton Series 7 #2 Sable Brush and FW Acrylic Ink


First pass at colors in Photoshop CS3 using a Wacom Graphics Tablet (circa 2001) at 7 x 10.6 inches and 800dpi in RGB using Channels.


Final colors and coloring of line art on a separate "Screen" Layer .

VOILA!

Cool to see that this has held up! I would like to work on the clouds some more in the color stage ... c'est la vie...

TD


No comments:

Post a Comment