Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Mr. and Mrs. X #6 Cover Art Step by Step Part 1 Pencils



Out in stores December 12th.

Part 1 of the Step by Step making of the cover art - I had a blast drawing this cover. 

Welcome to Rogue and Gambit's House Party, X-Men, hope you survive the experience!

COVER SKETCH


The approved cover concept I sent into Marvel Comics for approval. 
Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.

PENCILS


 Initial rough in


Detail


Got Rogue right off!


On to Gambit


Working on the backgrounds as well now


Drawn in Col Erase Light Blue and Staedtler HB Lead Pencil on 13" x 19" Strathmore 400 Series 2 Ply Vellum Bristol Board 


Detail


Final art scanned

Once Rachel started to ink, I finished drawing the background...

Next time, 

PART 2

INKS 

TD

2 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite of your covers. Silly and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was happy with how it turned out - it surprised me as well!

      Delete