Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Captain Marvels Step by Step Part 3 Color


Part 3 of the Step by Step making of the cover art for Generations The Bravest 1 featuring the Captains! -

COLOR


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

I try to adjust the colors to their medium value or imprimatura - I use this as the starting point for the piece. 




INITIAL COLOR (ROUGH IN)

I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

Here I rough in quickly all the medium lights and darks on the figures and cast initial shadows.

Using the Pencil Tool at 100% to knock those in.

I also use the Pencil Tool at about 40% Yellow for the Rim Lighting...




COLORING THE LINE ART


See how I turn the black lines to color...


This is the icing on the cake step of the process.


I colored a lot of the characters black lines, including Carol's eyebrows!


Detail of those lines...




FINAL COLOR


And done!

PART 1


PART 2

TD


No comments:

Post a Comment