Sunday, September 17, 2017

Captain Marvels Step by Step Part 1 Pencils


Part 1 of the Step by Step making of the cover art for Generations The Bravest 1 featuring the Captains! -

PENCILS


COVER SKETCH

The cover concept I sent into Marvel Comics for approval. 
Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.

INITIAL PENCILS


Drawn in Light Blue on 12" x 18" Bristol Board 


Quickly roughed in the drawing making sure the composition still help.


I draw with Col Erase Light Blue Pencil and Staedtler HB Lead Pencil.


Since I'm happy with my rough in I go to "tight" (ink-able) pencils.


The tracing paper is there to keep the drawing clean while I finish Captain Marv-Ell


Detail


For yucks, pretty close...


Just about done...


And the final pencils, all ready for Rachel Dodson to ink...

Next time, 

PART 2


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment