Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Emma Frost Inhumans Vs X-Men #2 Cover Step by Step Part 3 Color


Inhumans Vs X-Men #2 Variant Covers featuring Emma Frost.

By Rachel Dodson and Me.

Out now from Marvel Comics.

Now for Part 3 of the Step by Step -


COLOR


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

I try to adjust the colors to their medium value or imprimatura - I use this as the starting point for the piece. 


BACKGROUND 



I decide on all the tile colors at this point so I can color "off" them. 


Initial Color Rough In

I colored this on my Cintiq 13 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

Here I rough in quickly all the medium lights and darks on the figures and cast initial shadows.


Using the Pencil Tool at 100% to knock those in.


I continue using the Pencil tool -


But at a variety of % from 50- 100 hitting the medium lights and darks over the imprimatur color.


Now to get those colors nailed down on the background I figured out this pattern.


COLORING LINE ART

Starting to color the line art - mostly the face and some of the rim lighting.


Final Color


And to review-

 PART 1


PART 2


 TD

No comments:

Post a Comment