Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Superwoman #3 Cover Step by Step Part 2 Color



Here's a look at how we made the Superwoman #3 cover.

PART 2

Color




Flats

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.


Here I adjusted the colors slightly to make them blend together bit better.


Initial Rough In

I colored this on my Cintiq 13 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

Using the Pencil Tool on the figure and a customized brush for texture on the clouds.

I used the Gradient Tool for the Background.


Detail


Intermediate Stage

Added more lights and darks with the Pencil tool. And began adding variation in the shadows to show the environment. Lassoing and using the Gradient in the background.


Coloring Line Art

At this point I like to color the line art... especially the interior edges and the edges facing the strongest light. 

 Of course, I lose as much of the line as possible - especially as I move away from the "camera".



Almost final colors

Finished coloring Line Art and added "fiery" highlights on head!



FINAL COLOR

All done, this is the version I sent to DC Comics!

TD

See how we made the Line Art in 

No comments:

Post a Comment