Monday, September 26, 2016

Suicide Squad #1 Cover Step by Step Part 2 Color


Here's a look at how we made the cover-


So this is what the art looks like before I start coloring!


FLATS

The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

I just colored the Harley Quinn #1 cover so just grabbed colors from that for the flats.


Flats done - ready to roll!


Initial colors 

I put my painterly "Leyendecker" background first and switch Joker to a more subtle purple.


Initial Rough In

I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .


Detail

I did a lot of coloring at this stage - adding the  lights and darks on all areas of the art.

Used the Pencil tool at this point.


Playing the background


Coloring Line Art

At this point I like to color the line art... 


Line Art Detail

I begin coloring the Hair and Flesh Line Art


Then I switch the background one final time and darken up the values on Joker and render Harley's outfit a bit!


Time to work on the new trademark Harley Hair!


And voila - done!

Part One 



TD

No comments:

Post a Comment