Thursday, September 22, 2016

Suicide Squad #1 Cover Step by Step Part 1 Line Art


Here's a look at how we made the cover-



COVER SKETCH

My initial sketches for the cover submitted to DC Comics and Dynamic Forces. I chose to do this assignment as another chance to draw Harley - so don't blame anyone but me if you wanted to see the rest of the Suicide Squad!

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.


 The revised covers sketches with Joker added per Dynamites request!


Pencils

Drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12" x 18" Bristol Board .


Detail

Detail of my pencils, note cell phone!


Inks

Rachel Dodson inks over my pencils with a Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink to ink the covers with. 


Details of Rachel's ink - and you'll notice Joker holding a bomb - that was a request by Dynamic Forces - the cell phone joke was too subtle.

Next time - 


TD


4 comments: