Friday, September 2, 2016

Star Wars 22 Cover Step by Step Part 1 Line Art

So, here's a look at how we made the Star Wars #22 Mile High Comics Scout Trooper Variant Cover!


Get the comic from MILE HIGH COMICS

First step is the SKETCH



The cover concepts I sent into Marvel Comics Editors Heather Antos and Jordan White and Lucasfilm for approval.

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.


Initial PENCILS

It's funny drawing these things you've seen a million times. You think you know exactly what they look like and then you REALLY look at them for an assignment like this and it's like, "Whoa ... I didn't know that was like and what's that?!". 

Gives you a whole new appreciation for the design of the Star Wars Universe...


Drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12" x 18" Bristol Board .


FINAL PENCILS

Did all the little guys myself as it's quicker to ink them, then to tighten them up in pencil and THEN have Rachel ink...

I used a Micron Pigma 03 Black Pen.


Detail of the pencils



INKS

Rachel Dodson inks over my pencils with a Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink.


Detail of Rachel's inks.

And then I scan and clean in Photoshop to prepare for ...

Next Time


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment