Monday, December 17, 2012

Peace on Earth Step by Step "The Lineart"

This is the process for how Rachel and I came up with our Holiday card. We talked about a number of ideas  for a while and finally Rachel mentioned "wings" and then I just ran with it.
 Initial sketch drawn with Red Col Erase and Copic Mulitliner in my sketchbook. About 8 x 12". If you look to the left of the big drawing you will see a little sketch - about 2 x 3"- that is the initial sketch. The circle is drawn in Photoshop onto the scanned artwork.
 I enlarged the drawing in Photoshop to print out in blue on 11 x 17 " Bristol Board. Then using a light blue col erase pencil and HB lead proceeded to nail down the drawing. Once I was happy with the basic drawing, I nailed down the face as that was the key to the piece.
 Now I proceeded to work out all the rest of the anatomy and begin the clothing. I also reduced some of the hair and flowers/foliage.
 Finished the hands and started finishing the fabric.

 Finalized the balls and added the ribbon to the ornament and the gown for some extra movement, dynamics and depth and this is the artwork I gave to Rachel to ink.
Here is Rachel's inks over my pencils, she used a Windsor Newton Series 7 #2 Sable Brush and FW Acrylic Black, except for the balls and border with a tech pen.

More to come...

TD

2 comments:

  1. Excellent step by step process!
    Happy Holidays to Mr. Terry and Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you as well!

    ReplyDelete