Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Hunt For Wolverine: Mystery In Mandripoor #4 Variant Cover Step by Step Part 3 Color


Our variant cover  - out now from Marvel Comics!

Check Out how we made it


FLATS

  
The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

INITIAL COLOR (ROUGH IN)


I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .



I rough in quickly all the medium lights and darks on the figures and cast initial shadows.
Using the Pencil Tool (Hard Round pixel Brush) at 100% to to begin and then switch to lower 30-50% to get the right value of color for the next stages of rendering.


COLORING THE LINE ART


This is the icing on the cake step of the process.

RIM


I added the yellow rim light to Betsy using the Pencils tool at 30%


I colored a lot of the black lines -


notice the lips, flesh outline clothes.

FINAL


Just a lot more rendering and lighting up the background a bit.


Compare this to the previous one to see the final polishing I did!

PART 1


PART 2

LINE ART


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment