Thursday, July 5, 2018

Star Wars 50 Step by Step Part 2 Inks


Our variant cover for Star Wars #50 - out now from Marvel Comics - a family portrait!

Check out how we made it.

PART 2

LINE ART



Rachel Dodson's initial start on the line art on this cover.



Rachel inks directly over my pencils.

TOOLS


Rachel inks with a Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Royal Talens India Ink.

Love how the strap  by Luke's head turned out.


I  love how she creates "grey".

And notice the details on Luke's ventilator tube.


Check out how Rachel makes the explosion details with Pro White.

I inked the ships with Pigma Micron 02 Pen.

I also fudged her eyes a bit with the pen, to make them a bit more Leia-esque...

FINAL LINE ART




Artwork is scanned into Photoshop at 800dpi Gray full size. I then go in and convert to Bitmap and clean to prepare for...

Next time in
PART 3

And

PART 1


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment