Thursday, July 28, 2016

Star Wars 21 Cover Step by Step Part 1 Line Art

So, here's a look at how I made the Star Wars #21 Mile High Comics Tie Fighter Pilot Variant!


Get it here from MILE HIGH COMICS

First step is the sketch


The cover concepts I sent into Marvel Comics Editors Heather Antos and Jordan White and Lucasfilm for approval.

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.

Ok, this thing had to be done QUICK so inked this myself - meaning I roughed it in quickly then basically drew in ink.


See rough - using Pitt Pens S and Micron 03 


Knew I needed to nail the helmet and then could "cruise" from there...


Now, I don't recommend working this way but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!


Used a Pitt B for the main figure inking plus the Pitt F

Micron 03 for background


Detail


Starting on Tie Fighters with Micron 03 and 08


Drawing Tie Fighters with a Pigma Micron 08 Pen


Detailing the Tie Fighters with a Pitt S Pen


I brought in my ace reliever, Rachel Dodson, to fill in the blacks using her brush - looks so nice!



Erased and sent in for initial approval


Final Line Art
Next time - colors...

TD



No comments:

Post a Comment