Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Uncanny X-Men #514 page 2 Step by Step





OK, so here is the Matt Fraction page description and my little thumbnail sketch of the page. I had a pretty good idea of what this page would look like based on the description and so stuck pretty close to my initial sketch.

So I went through and drew all the figures first with the perspectives roughed in and then finished up the backgrounds last.

I had to draw Psylocke in a new "X-Men" wetsuit. After I drew her in the pencil stage with an open leg suit - I decided if she was going to be in the SF Bay she would need a full body suit so I added that before Rachel inked the page.

TD



3 comments:

  1. It was a great scene indeed, Terry. If Psylocke was ever to change her uniform, I think the version with the hotpants would look fantastic on her. Especially with the single strap on her leg - a reference to Jim Lee's iconic design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!

    Mr. Dodson, after seeing some Coraline images I am sure you could draw a gorgeous "Cold War" Black Widow...

    ReplyDelete