Saturday, March 26, 2016

Batman #50 Variant Cover Step by Step Part 1 Lineart

Here's a look at how we made the cover to Batman #50 guest starring Supergirl!


This was done for Midtown Comics and my DC editor was Mark Chiarello!


This is an interesting assignment as it lines up with the Superman #50 Variant so I had to design them to fit together ...



Roughs were drawn at 2 x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.



Pencils drawn in Light Blue and HB lead on 12 x 18 Bristol Board

I  roughed in while drawing in the Superman Cover at the same time so it lined up correctly and then it was pretty simple to finish up.




Detail

First time for me drawing this Supergirl outfit - lots of double checking...



Not a lot of intermediate steps on this one - really up against the deadline here so just going as fast as we can...


Detail

Rachel inks over my pencils with a Windsor Newton Series 7 Kolinsky Sable #2 Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink to ink the covers with.

Next - COLORS!

TD


No comments:

Post a Comment