Friday, June 12, 2009

X-Men Legacy 226 Cover Step by Step 8 Color - Fire!


So before I got too far ahead of myself, I decided that the main foreground element - the fire - had better be established!

First, I flatted the whole fire area with a darker orange.

Next, using the Brush tool - with the "Rolled Rag" brush - I stamped in the fire effect and colors from dark to light and red orange to hot yellow white. Also, a little bit of the Pencil tool set at multiply at 50% or so to smooth out the blends.

Now, this gave me something to play off on the rest of the piece - however I wasn't happy with the fire and ended up changing at a later stage - you'll see.

td





1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry, I hope you'll remember me. I'm that Belgian fan for who you drew the Coraline in her Jungle outfit, you remember? A good friend of mine just met you in Paris and bought an original page and a watercolor of Power Girl. When he told me that, it made me think of you and after a few attempts on internet I came to this blog that I didn't know. Well, congratulations for your watercolors; it's outstanding. I didn't know that you drew such pieces.
    Terry, is it possible to contact me directly (here's my email address: dleonar1@kcc.com). I'd like to see with you if it's possible to arrange a commission. I'm not in a hurry, but I'd appreciate if you could work something out for me. I'm looking forward to read you. Best regards. DOMINIQUE

    PS: will there be a second COraline book ? Any idea about a timing?

    ReplyDelete