Monday, March 4, 2019

Wonder Woman 64 Step by Step Part 2 Color


The Step by Step making of the cover art to Wonder Woman 64

Part 2 

COLOR

FLATS


The first stage of color is called flats - flatting allows me to choose an area to color at any point throughout the coloring process.

INITIAL COLOR ROUGH


I colored this on my Cintiq 22 HD using Photoshop CS3 .

I quickly all the medium lights and darks on the figures and cast initial shadows.

And I knew I wanted a strong rim light from the fire, so I got Wonder Woman value approximately right then hit it with that bright FIRE.


Next I played around with Wonder Woman's cast shadow.


Honestly, no of these were what I was going for, but sometimes the deadlines beckon and you have to let go.

And I rendered the hands and snakes in foreground more.

COLORING THE LINE ART



This is the icing on the cake step of the process.


I colored a lot of the black lines - notice the lips, flesh outline clothes and SFX in the background.

FINAL TOUCHES



Here's a look at the different highlights and finishes I put on Wonder Woman to really make her pop!

FINAL


PART 1



TD

No comments:

Post a Comment