Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Harley Quinn Deluxe Book 1 Step by Step Part 1 Pencils

Here's the Harley Quinn Deluxe Book 1 Cover Art!

By Rachel Dodson and Me.

Out now from DC Comics.


Now for Part 1 of the Step by Step making of the cover art for Harley Quinn Deluxe Book 1 -

PENCILS


COVER SKETCH

The cover concept I sent into DC Comics for approval. I sent in about 10 designs but I'm only showing this one because I'm using the others done the road!

 Total brainstorm on this :-)

Roughs were drawn at 2" x 3" in my sketchbook using Warm Grey Copics then colored in Photoshop CS3.


INITIAL PENCILS



Drawn in Light Blue on 12" x 18" Bristol Board 


Quickly roughed in the drawing making sure the composition still help.


I draw the Harley GUN much bigger now than on the original run - interesting how we change over time!


I printed out my rough in light blue on the paper to ensure the composition was positioned correctly.


This is a nice look at the texture of the paper.



Happy with Harley so move on to Joker!


I know his face well, just had to remember...


His costume, drew wrong a couple of times...


A fish for a gun, why not?


Two Face


Roughing in the rest of the Rogue Gallery - again had to refer to my old work to get the costumes right...



Almost done

FINAL PENCILS


And the scan of the pencils....

Next time, 

PART 2


TD



No comments:

Post a Comment