Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rocket Raccoon and Gamora Sketch Step by Step

Here's a look at how I created my Rocket and Gamora sketch from Comic Con 2014.


The sketch is drawn on 11 x16 Canson Mi-Teinte Paper.

  I start off with Col Erase Light Blue Pencil for an initial rough in and then use a Pitt XS Pen to nail down face details.


Once I'm happy with the drawing, I  begin adding value with Copic Warm Grey 1 and 2.


Moving to the next stage of Copic Warm Grey - 2, 3, 4 and draw in the black for Rocket so I can add the white Prismacolor Pencil details on his head.


Go to Warm Grey 6 and 8 on Gamora.


Finally add highlights and a background to the piece.


Detail of the sketch...

TD






1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work as always Terry. Any chance you are coming to the Rose City Comic Con again this year? I'd love the opportunity to get a commissioned piece from you.

    ReplyDelete