Friday, March 29, 2013

Songes Tome 2 Page 10 Step by Step

Here's how I made Songes Tome 2 Page 10. 


 The first step is alway the storyboard - tease any problems in the translation - and  for the writer, Denis-Pierre Filippi, to approve before I draw the pages.The storyboards are done at 3 x 4 " on 8.5 x 11" paper with Blue and HB Pencil, Pitt Pens and Copic Markers.



Here's the beginning stage of the pencils.


Here's the scan of the pencils.

 Drawn on 13 x 19" 2 ply Bristol Board with Blue and HB Lead and borders ruled with .80 tech pen. So I shoot from these the pencils so they are very tight (for me)!


The lineart is darkened and cleaned in Photoshop and turned into a Bitmap.



The colors were done by Rebecca Rendon and me in Photoshop. The art was colored in Channels - a method I learned from Alex Sinclair.


TD 





5 comments: