Thursday, March 17, 2011

Emerald City Comic Con Sketch 7 - Abbey Chase

Abbey Chase, from the Danger Girl comic book, a convention sketch drawn at Emerald City Comic Con, March 2011.

I think was the first time I had drawn this character, so I tried to pick a really fun scenario.

This was the 7th sketch I did at the convention, but the first not drawn on the colored Canson Pastel Paper I use regularly but on white paper, so I had to readjust how I would have to apply the pencils, black markers and especially the grey value Copic Markers on the fly - but that's fun and challenge of doing con sketches. And it was in a sketchbook and it was only 8.5 x 11".

Original art is drawn in a 8.5 x 11" sketchbook with Col Erase Light Blue Pencil, Staedtler HB Lead, Black Copic Multiliners 05 and 08 Markers, Pitt "XS" "S" "M" Markers, Copic Warm Grey 0-9 Markers, and White and Henna Prismacolors Pencils.

TD


3 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,I would like to introduce myself. My name is Daniel Sampere, I'm a spanish artist, I have 25. currently I'm working on the miniseries Red Sonja: revenge of the gods, for Dynamite entertainment. I'm a very big fan of you since your work on spiderman with mark millar. Recently I created my new blog, would be a huge honor if you want to tell me your opinion about my work on Red sonja first issue pages, you really inspire me and my dream is became a big artist like you
    best!

    http://www.danielsampereart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry,
    it seems you missed the sketch you drew for me in Barcelona a couple years ago :D

    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=646316&GSub=92594

    I tried to contact you many times to finish the interview we started there, but never got back from you.
    Hope you and Rachel are doing fine.
    Please contact me anytime!
    Best,

    Oscar

    ReplyDelete